posted by FAN at 4:58 PM
I can't believe I thought that was a real lake with an extremely fortuitous name until Ex-Favorite-Aunt Nancy set me straight!I'm so gullible...
By Sylvia, At January 9, 2011 at 1:59 PM
A lake is "a body of fresh water surrounded by land". Lake James IS a real lake. Just on the small side and named for its keepers. Has not attracted any ducks or geese just yet, but we have seen deer having a drink of water.I removed the 'Ex'.
By FAN, At January 9, 2011 at 3:19 PM
OK, if the local deer approve, so do I.Lake James it is!
By Sylvia, At January 11, 2011 at 9:41 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
Welcome to the Wroundup of all things Wrigley. Ken (Dado) posts from Washington, Nancy (FAN) from Idaho, Sylvia blogs from Spain, Jennifer (lilwrig) Tami (Tamicatt) and Jeff are all in California.
Subscribe toPosts [Atom]
3 Comments:
I can't believe I thought that was a real lake with an extremely fortuitous name until Ex-Favorite-Aunt Nancy set me straight!
I'm so gullible...
By
Sylvia, At
January 9, 2011 at 1:59 PM
A lake is "a body of fresh water surrounded by land".
Lake James IS a real lake. Just on the small side and named for its keepers.
Has not attracted any ducks or geese just yet, but we have seen deer having a drink of water.
I removed the 'Ex'.
By
FAN, At
January 9, 2011 at 3:19 PM
OK, if the local deer approve, so do I.
Lake James it is!
By
Sylvia, At
January 11, 2011 at 9:41 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home