Wrigley Wroundup

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Station Break

We interrupt our broadcast of the Sylmar Wrigley Home repairs to bring you a jam-packed weekend filled with:

Bouncy Houses

Velcro Suits


Talent Shows

T-ball - Opening Day

Giant Inflatable Slides

Smaller, Non-Inflatable Slides

Fire House Visits

And Cub Scout Hikes

I need to go back to work and rest...
(Painting starts tomorrow)

8 Comments:

  • Wow, what a weekend. All we accomplished was to dig some holes and plant some plants =)
    GOUB liked seeing Kyle in the Cub Scouts (he was one). And he liked Kyle's swing (and body position)-- commented on it right away. And...everyone wants to know what his talent was at the Talent Show?
    Love the tie-dye dress! I like it that Katie always wants to wear a dress. She's toooo cute.
    Lastly, can a girl be a Cub Scout?

    By Blogger FAN, At May 2, 2010 at 9:11 PM  

  • Talent show is captured on video and will be released at a later date. Right now I've got a deadline for finishing the Kids 2009 DVD which is due in one week!

    Girls cannot be cub scouts. Cubs are the young boys version of Boy Scouts. Kyle started at the youngest possible age (1st grade) as a Tiger Cub.

    Girl Scouts has an equivalent group for young girls called Brownies, and they even have a group for Kindergarten girls called Daisies. Katie is already anxious to be a scout.

    By Blogger Jeff, At May 2, 2010 at 9:35 PM  

  • The 'boys' were Cubs (Penny-Grandma was a Leader) and I think they were Boy Scouts, too. I was a Brownie and Girl Scout (still have my pin =) -- I asked as I wondered about the gender of the fellow on the far left....just wondered.
    I think it's great. I had not heard of Daisies, but Googled it and now I'm up to date.

    By Blogger FAN, At May 2, 2010 at 9:43 PM  

  • Velcro Suits RULE! That is SOOOO Awesome! :)

    By Blogger Lilwrig, At May 3, 2010 at 12:46 PM  

  • Nancy can see what Norm recalls, my recollection was that Norm was both a Cub and a Scout with Mom a Den Leader. I got to be a Cub, but she was either 'burned out' or I not interested by that time and never became a Boy Scout.

    I remember Nancy as a Brownie but could not confirm or reject the Girl Scout part. After all was (and alas still is) JUST a girl and only my LITTLE sister. :o)

    If she's got the pin, than she can get credit for Girl Scout too. No doubt we will soon see pictures of the young Wrigley kids in uniform (perhaps even me as a Boy Scout-and there goes my creditability)

    By Blogger DADO, At May 5, 2010 at 5:59 AM  

  • Kyle is now my 'May Wallpaper - on our computer) at home plate with t-ball.

    By Blogger DADO, At May 5, 2010 at 6:01 AM  

  • Norm was a Cub and Boy Scout I have a school pic of him in his Cub uniform. I was a Brownie and a Girl Scout (I have two Girl Scout Pins). Mom was at least a Cub Leader.
    I also have one Boy Scout Pin (probably Norm's). I have no pics of Kenny in Cub or Boy Scout uniform. As far as I can tell, the only thing he joined was the Navy (I have his US Navy Pin).
    I also have my Jr. High pin (just says 'L.A. Jr. High' and the year on an attached/chain/pin -- and Mom melted crayons in the background for my school colors. Everyone else's must have been plain ol' brass =)
    I think the Keeper of the Pins should get a yearly allowance.

    By Blogger FAN, At May 5, 2010 at 10:48 AM  

  • Such is the plight of being the second born boy. Nothing but hand-me-downs. :O( I guess I just dreamed of being a cub scout. What attention Norm didn't get as the first born, you got as the first girl. Me...nuttin' but dreams. Perhaps that is why I ran off and joined the Navy. The cloest I could get to being deprived of being a cub scout. A boy in blue!

    By Blogger DADO, At May 6, 2010 at 5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home