Wrigley Wroundup

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

New floors - Day 1 & 2

We decided to put in the floors before the paint.  It seemed like both contractors wanted "the other guy" to go first, and I decided I wanted the floors in place much more than I wanted new paint on the wall, so the decision wasn't too hard to make.

Here are the pictures from Day 1 - Monday April 26


 Living room - carpet all removed

 Master bathroom - Linoleum removed and tile glued down

Downstairs half-bathroom.  Linoleum removed & tile being glued down

Family room - storing all the furniture!

And here are the pictures from Day 2 - Tuesday April 27
 Living room - flooring is down!  Storing furniture in here now.

 Master bathroom - Tile is done!

 Another view of the Master bathroom

 Downstairs half-bathroom - Tile is done!

 Kitchen and Laundry room through the door.  Tile is about 60% down.

View from the stairs - looking down at the Living room on the left, and the Family room. New baseboards are stacked up and ready to install tomorrow.

The workers are making great progress.  The kids bathroom still needs to be tiled. The kitchen tile needs to be completed and grouted.  And all the downstairs baseboards need to be nailed in place.  Two more days of flooring.  Then the painters start on Monday.

1 Comments:

  • This is looking good. As we discussed on the phone, I think next year you need a pipe in the upstairs bathroom to rupture so you can get a new bathroom and all new kitchen cabinets! :o)

    I bet the kids think this is a great adventure!

    By Blogger DADO, At April 28, 2010 at 2:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home